Armando was born in 1928 in Salerno, Southern Italy. During the struggles of the Second World War, the young Farina strove to complete his studies and gain his art diploma. After his graduation, he gained entry to the 'Della Rocca group' where he studied artists such as Cammarano, Morelli, and Gigante.
In 1950, Farina moved to Turin, where he achieved tremendous acclaim with “Ars et Labor”, where he showed alongside Mattia, Gilardi, and Prada. This was followed by shows in the Gissi gallery in Turin and the Annunziata gallery in Milan.
In 1970 Farina became a founder and teacher of art at 'l’Accademia int. le S.Rita'. Here he taught important Turin artists such as Coppola, Viarengo, Miniotti, Ferrara, and Albertone. He also achieved national recognition with his work being shown all over Italy in galleries like the Giulio Cesare gallery in Rimini, and Galleria La Seggiola in Salerno, while attracting plaudits from gallery directors and critics alike.
His paintings can be found in private and public collections throughout the world with some notable public commissions, like the murals produced for: “Sindone ’89” in Rome. “The Angel of Turin”, a 4m x 10m work for the Sacred Museum of Cracovia. “The heart of Jesus” measuring 90cm x 90cm, and on permanent display in the Vatican Pinacoteca. “Stabat Mater“, a 1m square piece, within the Sanctuary of Pompeii, and several restorations that he carried out on various Frescoes in churches and castles around Turin and Piemonte.
Armando Farina passed away peacefully in Turin in 2020.